Do you often take a moment to think about what you are grateful for? Taking a moment to be grateful is an easy habit you can incorporate in your daily life, and it can have a major impact on how you feel. Being thankful not only makes you feel better mentally but also physically. Having a positive mindset helps you to let go of stress, to find balance and to create inner peace. We’re sharing three simple tips below that you can apply today to exercise gratitude on a daily basis.
- Keep a gratitude journal
- Find a journal that fits your style and personality. It should motivate you to start writing just by looking at it.
- Write down three things that you are grateful for every morning or evening. These can be major events such as closing a big project at work, purchasing your dream home or your child’s first steps but do not lose sight of the little things: a roof over your head, a supportive partner, your cuddly pet, the car driver who gave you priority, your homemade apple cake or the tasty latte macchiato you drank in the morning.
- Keeping a gratitude journal will help you put things in perspective and it will help you keep track of and look back at the positives in your life.
- Take a 10 minute break each day
- During the day we often rush from one thing to the other. Of the 1440 minutes in a day, it's not much to take a 10 minute break. To pause. To breathe.
Slow down for 10 minutes and think about what you’re grateful for. If necessary, schedule a fixed moment and give yourself a well-deserved and positive moment of rest.
- Create a gratitude reminder
- If you have a visual reminder to be thankful, it’ll be easier to take a moment and write down in your gratitude journal. Transform your favorite items in your house into your personal gratitude reminders. A soft throw on the couch, a beautiful piece of jewelry, an elegant scented candle... Choose items that catch your attention and make you happy so you’re easily reminded to take a moment to be thankful. Or stick a few post-it notes with "I am thankful for..." or a great quote around your house or on your (work) computer.
Let’s bring on the positive vibes!
Create the perfect atmosphere in your home to spend ten minutes each day thinking about everything you’re grateful. Burn one of our AAYALI scented candles for a relaxing moment with yourself.